Easily organize and find the things you use most frequently. Storage Drawers borrows ideas from Jabba and Bibliocraft, making it a highly functional, compact, and aesthetic dedicated storage mod meant to complement rather than replace them.
Chests are valuable squares in the Minecraft game that help you store items you don’t need right away. But the problem occurs when you own too many similar items such as sand, stone, or wood. At this point, the chest will clearly show its limitations when storing items.
When exploiting resources, the chest will operate exceptionally quickly, making you unable to react. Conversely, if you install the Storage Drawers Mod, the trunk will complete just in time for you to start building the world.
The storage method of the Storage Drawers mod is entirely different from the default chest. Instead of dividing the inventory into slots, you can interact with the chest and get various items in the wardrobe. Note that in case the thing is too large, the trunk can only hold 1 type.
If you store resources in Storage Drawers, you will see the specific capacity of the square: 1 box of chests can hold 32 stacks of 1 item type. Thus, this chest can have more items than the standard type. You can download the Storage Drawers Mod for free for each Minecraft version at the Download button above.
There is no traditional slotted inventory with these containers. Interaction is click-based similar to Jabba. Clicking on one of drawers on front will interact with that drawer.
- Right-Click: Insert full stack in hand into drawer (or partial stack if the drawer fills).
- Double-Right-Click: Insert all compatible stacks in inventory into drawer (or until drawer fills).
- Left-Click: Remove a single item from the drawer.
- Shift+Left-Click: Remove a full stack from the drawer.
- Shift+Right-Click with empty hand: Open a UI to see exact item counts and manage applied upgrades. If the drawer is taped, removes tape instead.
The shift-click behavior is reversed from Jabba. This is based on the theory that you normally interact with stacks in Jabba, but will want to normally interact with single items in Storage Drawers. The controls can be reversed in the mod config to match Jabba.
Style, Choices, Upgrades
The wooden drawers are the main storage block in Storage Drawers, and they come in a variety of configurations and styles. You can pick from any of the Vanilla plank colors when crafting to get a matching block.
Drawers come in five configurations, trading capacity and compactness at different points:
- Half-size 2×2: Stores 4 stacks per drawer.
- Half-size 1×2: Stores 8 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 2×2: Stores 8 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 1×2: Stores 16 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 1×1: Stores 32 stacks per drawer.
Capacity can be further boosted with storage upgrades. Upgrades do not need to be applied in sequence, so you can pick the size you need from the start. Capacity upgrades can be mixed and stacked, if you have sufficient upgrade slots available on your drawer. The effective capacity becomes the sum of the upgrade multipliers.
If you need an estimate of how full your drawers are, indicator upgrades are available to put a fill bar on your drawers.
- Level 1: The indicator bar will light up when the drawer is full.
- Level 2: The indicator bar will fill proportional to how full the drawer is.
Drawers can also be locked or unlocked with the drawer key. When a drawer is locked, it will maintain its current item association even if the last item is removed. This will prevent pipes and other transport systems from re-filling that drawer with other items.
A concealment key will let you hide the item label on drawers, saving render performance. Using a concealment key on a controller will cause it to show or hide labels on all drawers managed by the controller.
Compacting Drawers and the Drawer Controller
Compacting drawers are a special stone-colored drawer that auto-convert compressible items. Instead of manually crafting and uncrafting between gold blocks, ingots, and nuggets, put them in a compacting drawer. The drawer will internally maintain a pool of the material, and let you insert or remove the material in any of the shown forms.
The compacting behavior applies to any item with a compressed recipe, including redstone, glowstone, wheat, and many others.
Drawer Controllers are the second special block in the mod. They will search for any connected drawer within 12 blocks, and then expose all of those drawers as a large combined inventory. This lets you hook up a single pipe, tube, duct, spark, storage bus, etc. and interact with the entire bank of drawers.
The second function of the controller is as a deposit-only interactive block. By right-clicking on the front face with an item, the item will be deposited into the connected network. By double-right clicking, it will attempt to dump your entire inventory. Items will only be dumped if they already exist in the network, allowing you to clear out a bunch of mob drops or farmed crops without literally dumping your entire inventory.
Controller Slaves act as an extension of a drawer controller, exposing more faces for attaching machines, pipes, or crafting frames. Controllers will bind to a slave when they find them on the network, and all slaves bound to the same controller will share the same inventory and range as that controller. Unlike drawers, slaves cannot be shared, and you should be careful to not put them in range of multiple controllers. Using controller slaves is better for performance than using multiple controllers.
Trim blocks are decorative wood paneled blocks similar to wooden drawers, but they can also be used to connect drawer blocks within a controller network.
While some players choose to use Storage Drawers as a replacement for other storage mods, it works best with others.
- If aesthetics are important, the drawers complement many of the Bibliocraft blocks.
- Drawers are compatible with Jabba’s dolly, letting you move around filled blocks without needing to empty their contents and break them.
- Special compatibility is added for Thaumcraft, displaying an aspect label for the difficult-to-distinguish essentia-based items.
- All drawer blocks are compatible with Applied Energistics 2 storage buses, and this is the preferred way for seeing the exact contents of a drawer. A special consideration for compacting drawers: the full amount of blocks, ingots, and nuggets will be listed by the system, even though those amounts cannot exist simultaneously.
- WAILA will list the inventories of drawers, including their exact counts.
- A MineTweaker API is available for controlling the ore dictionary conversion whitelist and blacklist.
How to install a Minecraft mod?
Installation time of a Minecraft mod: 3 minutes.
Most mods require you to install Forge or Fabric to function properly. Forge and Fabric are, to put it simply, a platform that allows for easy installation and significant stability for mods.
- Download the mod you want to install
You can download the mod you want to install from the site of your choice.
- Install the API needed to make the mod work
Depending on the mod, you will need to install an API, the most common of which is Minecraft Forge .
- Select your API profile in the Minecraft launcher and launch the game
When the API is installed, you need to launch Minecraft and select the API profile to upload the data to your game.
- Open your Mods folder
To access the mods folder you have to go to the .minecraft folder. To access via Windows make Windows key + R and type % appdata%, then click the folder roaming and navigate to the folder .minecraft. On a Linux distribution , do ALT + F2 and type .minecraft. On Mac , your folder. minecraft can be found in User> Library> Application Support . If you can’t find Application Support , do Finder> Menu Bar: Go + Hold ALT> Library.
- Put your downloaded (mod) file in the Mods folder
Just drag the mod file you downloaded into the Mods folder that is in .Minecraft.
- Run Minecraft and enjoy the mod!
Launch Minecraft with the API profile and enjoy the new mod you just installed! Good game !