Download Factory0 Resources Mod 1.12.2 (A New Way to Extract Resources) – Views: 28,155 – Awesome! Credit & Author: v0idwa1k3r – Views: 28,155
Factory0 Resources Mod 1.12.2 is a mod that adds ores to your world. But it does it differently from other mods, it adds the ores to the chunk directly as an abstract number rather then adding them as blocks in a world. These ores can then be extracted from the chunk using a Deep Core Drill. Ore generation is based on Simplex Noise. Additionally the mod is highly configurable with the ability to add any item as an ore that will get generated in the world, tweak everything there is in the mod and add custom drill heads, all via configuration. Please note that while the mod requires forge energy to function it doesn-t add any ways to generate/transmit it so you will need to use another mod to do so (example: EnderIO, Thermal Expansion, Mekanism, Immersive Engineering, etc.)
This mod generates new ores in your world. What kind of ores- By default it-s all vanilla ores and thermal foundation ores but it can generate just about anything that is an item. EnderIO capacitors- Awakened draconium- Emerald pickaxes- Sacred rubber saplings- All that and pretty much anything you could imagine is possible!
How does it generates the ores then you might ask- Very simple Factory0 Resources mod generates the ores based on Simplex Noise and then stores the generated values into the chunk. No it doesn-t physically generate anything in your world all ores exist as an abstraction of some kind. This way there can be thousands upon thousands of ores in just one chunk without affecting the world gen at all! In fact this method will even work in skyblocks!
Well then, if the ores aren-t physically there how does one mine them- By using Deep Core Drills! A drill must be placed on a collection of specific blocks (by default stone), given power and a drill head and then it will magically make ores out of thin air (not really) and output them to the configured side.
So can players then have access to an endless amount of ores for a price of some rf and the drill- Yes and no. When the drill mines the ores it depletes the chunk of those ores. Eventually the player will mine out all the ores and will have nothing else to mine and they will have to find themselves a chunk with ores again similar to the game Factorio.
- It adds two items the Prospector-s Pick and the Advanced Prospector-s pick.
- The prospector-s pick will upon right-clicking inspect the chunk it is right clicked in and will give some information to the user. It will randomly pick an ore that is present in the chunk and tell the user that there in fact is some of that ore! It will even tell you an approximation of how much of that ore there is. If there are no ores in the chunk it will tell you so.
- However the basic prospector-s pick is faulty and will give false negatives pretty often. An Advanced prospector-s pick must be used for accurate information.
- Once the player is more set up in the game they might want a better way to query the chunk for the ores in it that doesn-t involve clicking the ground with a prospector-s pick as a maniac. This is where the ore scanners come into play. There are 2 variants of the ore scanner the basic and the advanced. Both are able to scan the chunk the player is currently standing in for ores and give some information about the ores in the chunk in the top-right corner of the screen. The basic ore scanner will give an approximation of the amount of each ore in the chunk. The advanced ore scanner will give a number representing the amount of ore in the chunk. Both scanners require FE (or RF) energy to work and can be charged in any compatible device (energetic infuser/wired (less) charger/power cube/etc)
- Well then, you-ve found a chunk to mine dry and want to start doing just that. How so- You have 2 options either use a Burner drill that burns soid fuel or electrical drill that uses FE.
- To begin with you will need 8 Burner Drill Components. The default recipe requires iron blocks, furnaces, gold and a diamond(might be changed in your modpack) so it doesn-t require the player to have visited the end or the nether.
- Place the Burner Drill Components in a 2x2x2 cube and they will form a Burner Deep Core Drill multiblock. The drill must be placed on a 2×2 bed of a specific block stone by default but that might differ for your modpack.
- The drill now needs solid fuel to burn. Anything that can be used as fuel works sticks, wood, coal, etc. Insert the fuel into the bottom slot of the drill-s GUI and it will start consuming it provided that it has a drill head in it and is set up correctly.
- To begin you will need 9 Drill Components. The default recipe requires Purpur Blocks (might be changed in your modpack) so you would need to have the end conqured.
- Then just place your drill components in a 3×3 and they will form a Deep Core Drill multiblock. It is worth noticing that the drill must be placed on a 3×3 bed of a specific block stone by default but that might differ for your modpack.
- The drill can accept power from any side just attach your conduits/wires and it will start draining them. The drill accepts any forge energy that means that most mods will just work out of the box with it (tested with Immersive Engineering, EnderIO and ThermalExpansion all work just fine)
- Now when you have the drill it-s time to configure it. It needs to know which side to output to. Simply sneak and right click on any side to set that side to be the output. Now you can place any storage by that side and the drill will output all mined items into that storage. Or leave it be as an air block and the drill will simply dump all items as entities there. The drill is smart enough to recognize things like conveyor belts too.
- Finally you will need to put a Drill Head into the drill. It can be put manualy or alternatively it can be inputed via any method just attach your way of inputing (hopper/conduit/etc) to any block of the multiblock and it will happily accept your item.
- Choosing the drill head is no easy task. Different drill heads have different properties harvest level, speed and durability. Some heads might be more durable than others but the others might be faster or have a higher harvest level. The faster the drill head is the faster the drill will produce ores. The higher the harvest level the more ores the drill will have access to some ores require a specific harvest level to be mined. Finally the higher the durability the longer the drill head will last.
- A note on power consumption and the way the drill works. The drill will consume power constantly, even if it can-t mine anything for one reason or another so watch it. The drill will pause the mining of ores if it has nowhere to put the items. The drill will not work if the 3×3 blocks underneath it are incorrect, it doesn-t have a drillhead or doesn-t have enough power. If the drill is paused or not working at all it will not damage the drill head but might still play the animation.
How to use:
- The player uses the prospector-s pick to determine the ores in the chunk.
- The player sets up the Deep Core Drill.
- The player powers, configures and puts the drill head into the drill.
- The player receives their ores out of nowhere.
EnderIO Mod (Optional)
Thermal Expansion Mod (Optional)
Mekanism Mod (Optional)
Immersive Engineering Mod (Optional)
The mod requires Minecraft Forge to work. To properly install the mod, follow the simple steps below.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Factory0 Resources Mod 1.12.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
Download from Server 1 Download from Server 2
- We do not host any Minecraft mods on our website!
- The download links are updated every 3 days so you alway get the last version!
- If you have any questions about Factory0 Resources Mod 1.12.2 (A New Way to Extract Resources) – Views: 28,155, please leave a comment below and we will help you.